A short ramble over the Shira Plateau with a picnic lunch in the shadow of Kibo. For those that want just a taste of high altitude and Kilimanjaro, this is the itinerary for you.
Starting on the Western side of Kilimanjaro National Park, this hike explores the Shira Plateau – the oldest of the 3 volcanoes on Kilimanjaro.
The Shira Plateau with stunning views of Kibo, walking across the Shira plateau, Shira Cathedral.
||Kilimanjaro International Airport or Arusha Airport
||Please arrive at least 2 hours before the flight
- Park fees, (entry fee camping/hut fees & rescue fees crew fees)
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- Three healthy and fresh meals
- Professional and experienced mountain Guide
- Professional and experienced cooks
- Transportation to & from the airport
- Transportation to & from the mountain gates
- Enough porters for your luggage, food, water, and camping equipment.
- Food, shelters, and fair wages for the porters, cooks, and guides
- Camping gears (sleeping tents, dining tents, tables, chairs, and cooking gear)
- Radio and cell phone communication help us to stay in contact within and outside the group therefore we can respond almost instantaneously to whatever issue that may arise
- We provide our guides with professional first aids kits and pulse oximeters for daily updates on acclimatization progress
- Assistance with climbing permit procedure
- Personal porters
- All international and domestic flights
- Tourist Visas
- Medical and Travel insurance
- Tips to mountain crew
- Mountain trekking gears e.g. walking poles (available for hire upon request)
- Sleeping Bag (available for hire upon request)
- A portable flush toilet with a toilet tent is extra (US$200 per toilet + toilet tent)
- Others; Extra expenses such as food or drinks separate from those described in the itinerary, satellite phone calls, transference fees, and other services not specified as included
- Any other alterations to our itineraries
- Emergency Oxygen
Mount Kilimanjaro by any name is a metaphor for the compelling beauty of East Africa. When you see it, you understand why. Not only is this the highest peak on the African continent it is also the tallest free-standing mountain in the world, rising in breathtaking isolation from the surrounding coastal shrubland – elevation around 900 meters to an imperious 5,895 meters. Climbing Kilimanjaro is absolutely an experience of a lifetime! Check out our best Kilimanjaro itineraries and all you need to know about climbing Kilimanjaro.
Climb Kilimanjaro Day Tour with us, let’s start planning now!
Early in the morning, normally around 6 AM, you are collected from your hotel with a packed lunch and transferred to Kilimanjaro National Park. Formalities are completed at Londorosi Gate before getting back in the car and transiting past Morum Barrier, right onto the edge of the Shira Plateau.
Instant views of Kibo dominate the skyline as you meander around the plateau, exploring the lesser-traveled parts before making your way back to Morum Barrier Gate, where your vehicle will be waiting for you to transfer you back to your hotel.